We might be back at school, but the Covid-19 pandemic will unfortunately still impact activities and events over the next few months. It is with disappointment we have had to cancel some of our annual events, however we will do our best to ensure we hold as many safe activities as possible. Here’s a list of some things that should have been coming up.
– Year 13 Ball: This is unable to be held at Level 2. We will notify parents shortly.
– MUNA: Cancelled
– Korean Night: Cancelled
– Chinese Night: Decision Pending.
– Open Night: Cancelled. We are exploring alternative ways to publicise new enrolments for 2021.
– Year 12 PE Camp (August): Going ahead if we are at Alert Level 1.
– Class trips outside of school: These will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
– Mathex Competition: A decision is pending, however it is likely to go ahead sometime around 19-20 August.
– Australian Maths Competition: Postponed until 2021.
– Ngā Manu Kōrero: Cancelled
– Big Sing: Cancelled
– Co-curricular ensembles: Rehearsals are planned to recommence the week of 1 June.
– Itinerant Music Lessons: These have been taking place online during lockdown. Now we are back at school, students are still expected to have their music lesson and will leave their classroom to come to the Music Department to log in for their 30min online lesson. From Tuesday 2 June onsite lessons will recommence. All music students should know their lesson times – some have had to be altered for the next two weeks to fit in with the teacher’s schedule.
– KBB Music Festival: Decision Pending.
– NZ Chamber Music Festival: Proceeding with an online format.
Dance and Drama
– 2020 school production of The Winter’s Tale: Cancelled
– Showquest: Replaced with Showquest on Screen for 2020 – a nationwide competition for students to create a 5-minute, self-filmed video.
– Parent Teacher Conference 1 July: Cancelled. Senior reports will go out on Friday 3 July (last day of Term) and Junior reports will be available in Term 3.
– Pasfika Fono Evening 27 May: Cancelled
– French Exchange: Cancelled
– Melbourne netball trip: Cancelled
– Music trip to New York and Toronto: Cancelled
– Borneo Adventure: Cancelled
– Duke of Edinburgh expeditions: Practice expeditions run by the school will happen in Term 4. Adventure Works (Westlake’s outside providers) are running a modified qualifying journey which students can sign up for. Click here for more detail.
– Space School Expedition: If your daughter was registered to attend Actura’s Space School at Nasa in December 2020, we are asking you to please email Susana Tomaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Merryl Hamling (email@example.com).
– Winter Tournament: Winter Tournament Week events that have been cancelled are listed below. All Other Winter Tournament Week events are still to be confirmed.
- Basketball NZ Zone 1 Junior Secondary Schools Premierships
- Basketball NZ Zone 1 Secondary Schools ‘AA’ Premierships
- Upper North Island Secondary School Netball Tournament
- Lotto NZSS Premier Girls Football Championships
- NZSS Golf Finals
– Winter sports season: Subject to government regulations, College Sport Auckland is planning to begin some winter sport seasons in the week beginning Monday 15 June. Entries will open on Monday 25 May. We will update you as soon as we have more information.